Kent Community Health NHS Trust
Interact enables employees to find the right contacts, resources, training, and communications to do their critical work.Book a demo
Kent Community Health NHS Foundation’s employees provide over 70 different services to more than two million patients. They need instant access to information and resources that support patient care.
'flo' is the showcase for our developed branding; we can feed our values into the intranet pages and link content so colleagues are seamlessly moved from one piece of information to the next. We have included surveys, comments, forms and engagement events, making 'flo' the one-stop shop for people to feel involved, included and share their views.
Kent Community’s legacy intranet, StaffZone, had become a dumping ground for information and documents. Underpinned by a poor search experience and a lack of defined structure, StaffZone hosted over 5,000 documents and several hundred pages. It was causing staff to waste considerable time when they failed to find the information they needed to do their jobs helping patients.
The Trust also faced difficulties engaging frontline staff, many of whom did not have easy access to a computer when on the job.
Kent Community Health defined clear objectives and then worked with Interact to develop their new intranet, ‘flo’, named after iconic nursing figure, Florence Nightingale. Kent’s new platform:
- Enables colleagues to find the right contacts to help them solve problems, ask questions, get help, and make appropriate referrals.
- Makes finding useful, useable policies, procedures, and forms easy.
- Enables staff to find out what training they need (or might like) to do, outlines how to book and complete it, and provides well-written information relevant to their roles.
- Keeps staff up to date with Trust-wide news and updates, as well as tailored bulletins, updates, and targeted, role-based messages.
- The team succeeded in reducing the volume of content from over 5,000 to under 2,000 documents, completing a comprehensive audit of the Trust’s information.
- A compelling internal brand was built around 'flo', alongside a profile for her to author content and reply to staff queries.
- Launching 'flo' with an engaging animation video, the Trust initially saw 104K visits from 4914 users in the first month alone: 88% of active users.