Interact empowers Mattress Firm's employees with fast access to key information and the ability to share feedback and insights with peers.Book a demo
No. of users
10,000 - 25,000
3,500+ in 49 states
Mattress Firm is the leading specialty bedding retailer in the US. With over 10,000 employees and stores across the country, Mattress Firm includes top brands such as Sleepy’s, Sleep Train, and of course, Mattress Firm.
Tapping into the power of community empowers employees, develops trust in leadership and breaks down barriers across a dispersed workforce. For all of these reasons, we love our social intranet, BEDpost.
After experiencing rapid growth due to acquisition activities, Mattress Firm was stuck managing three separate intranet platforms, but still lacked one that fully met the needs of the business. Due partly to its lack of collaborative tools and incomplete search function, the existing SharePoint platform was failing Mattress Firm’s employees.
The retail giant needed a platform that not only empowered employees with access to key information, but which was also simple to maintain and enabled employees to share feedback and insights with their peers.
With the help of Interact’s professional services team, Mattress Firm launched a new Interact version of BEDPost that was easy-to-use and update, intuitive, and which included a well-defined area for search.
As BEDPost is used as the homepage for all in-store computers, the intranet needed to feature the most important company messages, provide a space for employees to engage with the organization, and help instill a collective sense of culture.
This was achieved via an intuitive and engaging homepage design that enables employees to find, like, and comment via a scrolling carousel that pulls in top stories dynamically. They can also browse the “Latest news” for upcoming events, company updates, and successes.
- Improved ease and accuracy of search function refines the content presented to users.
- Improved employee collaboration software allows two-way feedback and the sharing of insights and ideas.
- The use of forums for the company’s ‘Affirmation’ program helps to instill a collective culture across a dispersed workforce.
- The dynamic platform makes maintaining and updating content easier.
- Almost 2.5 million site visits and a 76% employee adoption rate within the first six months.